The Life Energy Foundation is excited to offer this pilot program. Designed by two wonderful experts in their fields, Dr. Erica Demarch of Step and Connect, and Dr. Chris Thompson of Mobility Matters, this program was created to help participants REGAIN functionality. It is sponsored by The Life Energy Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization that specializes in supporting those with chronic conditions such as Stroke and other long-term health issues. We offer condition-specific programs, guidance, resources, and evidence-based tools designed to improve your quality of life.
Our goal is to provide you with exercises and homework geared toward regaining physical and cognitive function so you can get back to enjoying activities. No one has a magic wand to tell how much you will REGAIN, which is why this program is so important. It will help set up protocols for an ongoing program for stroke survivors. With your participation, data, and feedback, we can design a successful program for real-life people like you.
The 12-week Schedule dates and times: Spring 2023
What you will receive:
- Certified instructor-led exercise classes to master movement and improve strength/balance.
- A wearable device to track sleep, resting heart rate, and total daily activity for you to keep.
- Access to the private REGAIN YouTube Channel of exercise videos and webinar recordings.
- Access to Webinars on sleep, nutrition, and other health-related topics to support you in improving your condition.
- A report of before and after assessments for you and your medical professional to show your progress.
- Resources to maintain and continue progressing after program completion.
- Enjoyment of working out with others who understand and support your journey.
What you need to be able to do in order to participate:
- You can walk by yourself or with a single point cane or device.
- Can walk for 6 min without needing to sit down.
- Access to the internet and ability to sign up and log in to the WELLD Platform, receive emails with instructions, and follow them. We will also offer support through videos and direct contact.
- Be able to follow class instructions on how to do the exercises either visually, verbally, or with minimal instructor support.
- Commit to attending 2 classes per week for 12 weeks. We understand that it is a long time. However, studies show that 3 months is the best range of time to see results in strength and functional gains. Since the program is progressive, if you miss more than 2 weeks, you would be too far behind to catch up.
- We understand that life happens. If, for some reason, you must drop out, you will have two options. You will be permitted to sign up again when the REGAIN Program is offered (although there may be a charge associated with future programs), or to continue via the channel/platform where we will be posting the videos, classes, and other supportive information. We would not be able to give you a before and after report as you could not complete the entire program, but would still be interested your valuable feedback via survey forms. Your opinion matters as we continue to tweak the program to improve it.
- We reserve the right to offer alternatives should it become apparent we cannot accommodate your needs.
- 5-15 min welcome/catch up and positive spotlight
- 8-10 min warm-up exercises
- 10-15 min HIIT Training (High-Intensity Interval Training) Don’t worry; it is individual to each person and not as scary as it sounds!
- 8-10 min cooldown exercises
- The remaining time questions, education material, and goodbyes.
Physician approval may be required.
Regarding health insurance coverage: At this time, we are working diligently, on your behalf, with insurance providers and corporate wellness/HR departments to secure coverage or partial funding for our programs. It should be covered by FSA & HSA, please check with your provider.